The Nov. 30, 2022, deadline for the next SCCA Foundation Region Development Grant cycle is fast approaching, meaning SCCA Regions that have been deferring growth opportunities for financial reasons should apply soon in order to be considered for this next round of grant opportunities.
This grant application deadline is the second since SCCA Foundation began issuing grants aimed at assisting Regions in their growth. Recipients from the first round of grants have been announced, with the Foundation opting to award multiple grants to celebrate the program’s kickoff.
In all, six SCCA Regions received grants in the first round of funding earlier this year. The following is an overview of the grants that will receive funding:
- Finger Lakes Region: Assisting in the replacement of road racing transponders.
- Continental Divide Region: Financial assistance with a decoder.
- Middle Georgia Region: Funding for a timing system.
- Arizona Region: Financial assistant with its road racing program.
- Iowa Region: Assistance in the repair of a venue for use within its RallyCross program.
- Neohio Region: Creating a “Motorsport Expo and Training” day.
What to Know Before Applying
The SCCA Foundation has outlined eligibility criteria for the Region Development Grants. First, the Region’s program should fit one of the following overarching themes:
- The project should add value to the Region and Club activities or represent a new approach that could serve not only the grant-receiving Region but could serve as a pilot program for other Regions.
- Grant money should go to a new Region program or event experience, like the start of a local RallyCross program or a worker training or recruitment program.
- It should assist in hardship from loss, such as damaged equipment that is important to Region activities.
Region Development Grants are intended to assist in funding projects meeting the above criteria. They are not intended to fully fund a Region project. Therefore, Regions should be prepared to indicate in their application a dollar amount for Region investment in the project. The maximum amount for any single grant request is limited to $2,500.
Applications must include a detailed project management plan, with goals and objectives, timelines, overall budget, the schedule, and the people involved all being included.
Simply put, these grants are for SCCA Regions that have done their homework but require a financial assist to make it happen.
Approved grant submissions made by the Nov. 30, 2022, deadline will be issued by Jan. 31, 2023. Those Regions not ready to apply just yet should keep in mind that the SCCA Foundation Region Development Grant will be issued quarterly, with the following application deadlines:
- May 31
Click the button below for more grant details and requirements.