Solo Season 2020 Update:
As always, the safety and health of our members is our first priority. Safety first; fun second. With that mindset, the April (25/26) and May (17) Solo events are cancelled in accordance with the guidelines set by the State of Ohio Director of Health and our Governor. We will attempt to re-purpose one of the remaining dates on the Solo Schedule for the Starting Line event originally planned for April 25th. I anticipate something closer to the end of our regular season.
The plan moving forward is to continue cancelling dates until Ohio enters “Phase 2” or “Phase 3” as defined by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine. While the Ohio plan hasn’t yet been published, it will closely resemble the phase plan put out by the White House. A key characteristic I’ll be watching for is that restaurant dining rooms will be open again. When that happens, get ready for an event! We’ll have some important changes in place to help minimize direct contact, but it’ll be autocross as you know it.
Now, for the curious, here’s a quick list of the primary barriers to holding an event:
- Gatherings must be composed of 10 or fewer people.
- A minimum distance of 6 feet must be maintained at all times. While this could be easily done by participants, it would not be possible for those running the event.
- Restaurants are closed to visitors, meaning we don’t have access to restroom facilities provided by Smoke BBQ, and there is insufficient budget for renting a port-a-potty.
- Any out-of-state visitors must self-quarantine for 14 days after crossing the border into our state before interacting with Ohioans. Frankly, I don’t want to tempt our neighbors with a nearby event.
- We’ve not been able to coordinate a trailer maintenance day in the current lock-down, which will need to be performed before the first event.
As I’ve said before, yeah – it sucks, but we will get through this. You’ll be back to punishing your tires and punching the rev-limiter before you know it.
Loaner Helmet Program:
Our loaner helmet program is suspended until further notice. Snell and ECE rated helmets can be purchased from Summit Racing Equipment, an SCCA sponsor, and they carry a “Beat-a-price” price match policy to guarantee you the best price. If you have any questions or need some guidance on helmet choices, please let us know.
Timing your actions. Knowing your position. Planning your entry.
When you know what’s coming, you perform better. With that in mind, we present you with the 2020 NEOHIO Solo Schedule, giving you a chance to “walk the course” of our events. This schedule is a work in progress, so check here often as we fill out our season.
Starting Line event to be rescheduled at a later date.
|June 14||Points Event #3||Confirmed. Registration not open.||Eastlake|
|July 25||Points Event #4||Confirmed. Registration not open.||Eastlake|
|August 22||Points Event #5||Confirmed. Registration not open.||Eastlake|
|September 13||Points Event #6||Confirmed. Registration not open.||Eastlake|
|October 3||Points Event #7||Confirmed. Registration not open.||Eastlake|
|October 17||Points Event #8|
|Confirmed. Registration not open.||Eastlake|