- Club Racing
- Time Trials
- Street Survival
- Road Rally
- Blower Newsletter
January 26, 2021
Following Saturday night’s presentation, many of you may wonder how SCCA Hall of Fame inductees are selected. It is actually thanks to the work of volunteers just like you, serving on three different committees, who review and research possible inductees — and those committees are currently looking for new volunteers!
SCCA’s Hall of Fame was created to preserve, protect and record the history and accomplishments of the Club for current and future members by recognizing those who have had a significant impact on the Club and motorsports. The criteria to serve on Hall of Fame selection committees are simple: 1) At least ten years of involvement with the SCCA, 2) An interest in the history of the SCCA, and 3) The desire to preserve Club history.
The three committees are as follows:
– Nomination Committee: Narrows a list of possible inductees based on member nominations.
– Legacy Committee: Researches and develops nominations from the first third of the Club’s history.
– Selection Committee: Selects annual inductees from recommendations received from the above committees.
Committee terms are limited and each year new volunteers are invited to join the process. Participation is not time consuming and those with a passion for motorsport and the SCCA find it an extraordinarily interesting and rewarding experience. Interested members should submit their information to Howard Duncan at HDuncan@scca.com no later than January 31, 2021, and include:
– A brief résumé of SCCA experience and involvement.
– Identify which of the three Hall of Fame committees you’d prefer to serve.
Since 2005, over 100 individuals have been inducted into the Sports Car Club of America Hall of Fame. Now is your chance to be a part of this vital and interesting process.
January 6, 2023
The year has only just begun, but believe it or not, the Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour Powered by Hagerty (TTNT) season is already underway. No, a 2023 […]